Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Joseph Miller Week 6

Week 6, most of this week was spent working on my project.  There's a good amount of research showing that MRS can be an effective tool at analyzing response to therapy so I have started going through books to look for potential biomarkers and will include them in the IRB I'm writing up for the study.  I'm interested in continuing this project after the summer.  It seems to fit really well with being in NYC.  My current thesis, however, is not going as well with me being in the city.  It's difficult to make sufficient progress without the software I need to do the theoretical work.  All the software is only available in Ithaca.  So I need to start working on ways to get the access and equipment I need to make progress while I'm living in NYC and that way I'm ready to go into the CNF and make things when I get back to Ithaca.  I'll definitely have some lab space available soon, so that's encouraging.

The CAD models for the new halo are coming along nicely.  I need to get a few more measurements so this week I will spend some time getting that information and wrapping the designs up.  Also, I went to tumor board this week, as usual, and had some ideas for the resolution problems of MRS I will run by Susan and Yi and see if it's feasible.

No comments:

Post a Comment