Monday, July 30, 2012

Joseph Miller - Week 7

This week wasn't too exciting.  I put everything else on hold to get more work done on the summer project, even though the summer project has become something much larger than just the summer.  I will be continuing the MRS research and currently am working on a way to make it part of my thesis research.  It may very well become my thesis research simply because it's so much more publishable and less risky.  We will see.

One great thing was a lecture by Michael Elad on sparse matrix methods and it was incredibly interesting.  I don't think anyone in the room understands all the mathematics involved because it is a very complicated theory but it's also extremely interesting and you can see the potential should one invest the time to understand the mathematics.  Also, I was a part of the Cornell-Technion conference, which is basically the medical school's attempt to be part of the new tech campus.  This is absolutely critical.  The new tech campus is not focused on heath tech but the opportunities here are huge and I plan on being a big part of that.  There were two days of lectures discussing research that bridges the two campuses.

Other than that, the summer immersion program did everything i hoped it would and I'm very happy about having moved down here.  My program is a little vague right now but over the summer it has started to come together.  It will be an interesting year.

No comments:

Post a Comment