Thursday, July 19, 2012

Sidd-Week 5

This week I was posted in the NICU unit to shadow Dr. Perlman during his clinic hours. It was interesting to see how Dr. Perlman approaches every case. I realized that in NICU you are just not dealing with patients but their parents as well. I could see how careful one has to be while explaining the condition of a baby to his parents. I saw several interesting cases and since I was posted there for a week I was able to see the progression made by the babies in response to the treatment.

For the prostate imaging trial, the first patient for the trial came in this week and he was injected with Zirconium labeled J591 antibodies against PSMA. He received both hot and cold antibodies since radioactive antibodies alone can stick to the circulation. He was immediately tested with a geiger counter for radioactivity and was imaged using MRI to see if the antibody has been distributed normally. Also this week I attended the tumor board meeting and got to see some interesting tumor removal performed by Dr. Douglass Scherr

No comments:

Post a Comment