Monday, July 2, 2012

Week 3 - Anne

This past week I spent one day in the MRI reading room with Dr. Prince. I then worked out the details of my project with the MRI fellow. My project involves a new algorithm developed by another BME grad student called Tracer, which gives higher temporal resolution in the MRI scans.

There are several types of liver lesions, including benign and malignant tumors, and having a more quantifiable way to characterize them would be highly beneficial for time and accuracy. I am going through some cases that have already been analyzed and reported and am running the Tracer algorithm on them to look at pixel intensity over time for the lesions. I was still waiting on some data, so in the meantime I organized some patient data in a spreadsheet. I also familiarized myself with the MRI analysis workstation software, liver anatomy, liver lesion characterization, and the recent Tracer literature.

No comments:

Post a Comment