Saturday, August 11, 2012

Week 4

This week I started off by collecting HCLE cells and seeding them in small 35mm dishes for my experiments. I seeded them at a rather low density because I would first like to see how the cells behave under laminar shear stress on a single cellular level. I decided that over the course of the week I would take time lapse images after 24 hours of growth, and then 48, and then 72 hours, to see differences in morphology, cell behavior, and adhesion. Dr. Rosenblatt is back in town and I got to see patients with him on Wednesday in the clinic. One of the patients had come in for a post op follow up after a cataracts surgery. It was great to see in person the different medical conditions that my research would help develop treatments for.

No comments:

Post a Comment