Saturday, August 11, 2012
This week wasn't too exciting from the clinical aspect. I got to see patients with Dr. Rosenblatt at the clinic, but I worked on my research project for the most part of the week. I was able to grow my cells on the silk films, however when I tried using my flow chamber on the silk films, I did not get a proper vacuum seal on my silk films most likely due to a void space created by the elevation of the silk film off of the bottom of the dish. However, I have come up with an idea to create PDMS molds to allow for the silks to adjust to the height difference. However because time has run out for the summer immersion program, this would have to be something I need to explore further on past the summer immersion program during my tenure at the Rosenblatt lab, since I will be doing my PhD in his lab at Weill Cornell Medical College.