Monday, July 2, 2012

Kevin - Week 3

This week I've finally felt like I've gotten into the swing of things. I'm pretty friendly with most of the people at the clinic at this point, and now downtime feels like I'm hanging out a bit. I even got invited to chill with some of them after work next week, and I think I may take them up on it, if for no other reason than to see how everyone is once they've winded down. I have also started to see some patients for multiple times now, so clinic and office visits have more continuity to them. It's not just an isolated event; I sort of feel it as an ongoing process. I know I've been told that these chemo treatments and other things takes weeks and weeks, but even in doing other rotations or clinic visits I was never there long enough to see anyone again. Some of the patients I saw in really rough shape before I haven't seen though; I hope they are ok. Beyond that I have just been continually reading to prep for my research project. I keep running into interesting papers, and I feel like sometimes I end up going off on tangents; next week I think I need to reel it in a bit. But I keep finding new neat ways people have pulled off signaling network models. I wish I had more time in the day because I feel like such a slow reader. Outside of work I've gotten to explore a little bit more of downtown, and I'm still loving how much new stuff I can always run into. I think I should do more touristy things though; maybe I'll do something like that next week. And sadly, the Euro Cup is ending soon, so random nearby restaurant lunches may get a little less exciting for a minute. The food is still fantastic though. I've hit most of the good spots immediately around Weill, so it's time to widen that radius. I still need to find a Turkish spot that has a good doner. I haven't had one in years, and I'm sure there has to be one.

No comments:

Post a Comment